THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY
whether you’re about to go on exchange, are currently on exchange, came back from exchange, or just enjoy reading peoples’ posts about exchange you need to remember this:
NOT EVERYONE WILL HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE.
it’s ok to NOT have the best time of your life.
it’s ok to be miserable
on the other hand it’s awesome if you’re having a great time too
But please, do not give someone shit for not having a good time, just because they’re not happy does not mean they’re being ungrateful and lazy. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, and it’s ok to feel like you want to go home and that you can’t wait to get back to your home country. When people send you messages saying “oh you’re not taking advantage of this great experience” “I’m sure you could make yourself happy” “You’re just being lazy” SHUT THE FUCK UP.
It’s a really hard thing to do, to leave your family, friends, and everything you knew behind, and some people handle it better than others.
If you are having a great time and don’t understand how someone could be having a bad time, the worst thing you can do is tell them they’re doing something wrong and that it’s all their fault. be supportive instead of being a bitch.
keep this in mind.
- thegirlinthesneakers likes this
- whitewallscolorfulspirit likes this
- terrabithias likes this
- doctor-sherloki-potter likes this
- trinkkets likes this
- mythomanias likes this
- monaventure likes this
- lisespieces reblogged this from stine-in-slovakia and added:
- mir-andawrites reblogged this from stine-in-slovakia
- mir-andawrites likes this
- vikkigoesabroad likes this
- mr-sulu likes this
- getsbetterwithtime likes this
- kyasiaa likes this
- oneyellowsuitcase likes this
- imaginedemain likes this
- catlov3r123 reblogged this from stine-in-slovakia and added:
- catlov3r123 likes this
- thefalkinourstars reblogged this from stine-in-slovakia and added:
- tiasgermanyjournal likes this
- stine-in-slovakia posted this